Friday, June 10, 2011

If It Ain't One Thing, It's Another, And if It Ain't That, It's Somethin' Else!

The thing that the beginning gardener/homesteader will learn most quick, is that something is always going Mother Nature way instead of yours. How in the world do you stay ahead of every little crisis that rears up? Are they truly crises? Today, when I went to check on my garden, I noticed that the potato plants in the trash cans looked wilted. It was almost the kind of look a plant gets when they have gone without watering too long. It couldn't have been that because the soil was moist, but not wet. I noticed little critters flying away when I disturbed the foliage. So what did the organic gardener wannabe do? He temporarily saved his taters by using garden dust. Now I need to learn how not to resort to what another gardener referred to as, "the big guns." There are other ways to fight pests and diseases. I do hate thinking of losing a whole crop to an ideology though. I'll find my way. No doubt about that.

No comments:

Post a Comment