Monday, June 6, 2011

One Product That Works!

Shortly after I planted my fruit trees, I noticed that the deer had stripped the leaves clean off of one of my apple trees. I wasn't very happy about that. I started to make cages to put around the trees, but I wasn't too happy about that either. I went to the Garden Co-op, and they sold a product to me called Liquid Fence. It should be called Liquid Stench, but I digress. The point is, it works! I wonder if it is the same as the homemade rotten egg stuff I've read about? I may try that next year. Anyway, I spray it on the foliage once a week unless it rains heavily. The deer have not bothered the trees since. They still come in the yard and I have watched them grazing on the weeds in the backyard, but they have left my trees alone! The tree that they did eat has new growth so all is forgiven.

No comments:

Post a Comment