Friday, September 7, 2012

Mail Call For The Organizationally Challenged.

This is the mail from four days of delivery. Monday was Labor Day, hence no delivery just to commemorate how hard public employees work for so little pay and stingy benefits </sarcasm>. Before I spiral out of control down that particular line of thought, I will jerk myself back to the task at hand, which is sorting mail. To the left is the unsorted pile of mail that I have to sort through to determine if it is: 1) worth looking at. 2) worth opening. 3) worth sending to SWMBO in Minnesota, or 4) worth burning. Before my Darling left me, the mail would take care of itself. I don't know how that happened, and she didn't leave any helpful clues to eliminate the Mystery of the Disappearing Mail. I suspect gnomes or elves played a part. Elves aren't near as nice as the story books make them out to be. I tried leaving it out on the counter, hence the four day build up, but it didn't self-sort, nor did the postfairy come and work her magic. Next, I tried the entropy method and threw it all up in the air. I don't think I clearly understand entropy. I tried the Youngest's method of staring at things, trying to bend them to my will - no luck. Eventually I resorted to that time honored yet somewhat less fun method of just getting on with it. As the photo to the right shows, and much to my amazement and dissatisfaction, it worked. Go figure!

I sorted the mail into 5 piles (I love piles!) One was for recycling, catalogs, bills and correspondence, township newspaper, and College propaganda. The propaganda went to Eldest, catalogs and newspaper are currently still on the counter (honesty!), the recycling is where it should be and the good stuff is with the catalogs. Does anyone really expect this lifelong issue to resolve overnight?

It was very therapeutic to get this done, and I felt much better for it. At least I did until the Destructive Duo came home from school and detritus was flung far and wide over the house.


No comments:

Post a Comment