Friday, September 7, 2012

The Unfortunate Gap Between What I Wish And What Is.

When we agreed to provide a car to Eldest, I thought that school year mornings would calm down. After all, there would be no rush to get ready for a bus that waits for no one. All of that stress would melt away into the aether. Why is there such a large gap between what we think will happen and reality? Eldest woke up late and ran about imitating a headless chicken, Youngest was the emotional equivalent of Jack the Ripper this morning, and who suffered for it? It wasn't me. I hide like a coward in my happy place, located somewhere inside me. The solar light, some two feet off of the driveway, certainly paid the price for these two stressed out, emotional wrecks. It is currently flatter than a pancake, and utterly un-saveable, lying in state in the garage. Thankfully, the tufts of decorative grasses managed to leap out of the way, or were just missed by the missile in reverse that Eldest was piloting.

I assume what I am experiencing, without the buffer of my Darling, is the female malady known as, "that time of month." It is the only way to explain the odd behavior coming out of my normally delightful children. I don't like it! Nope! Not one bit. My action plan is as follows: Hide in the basement or the pole barn for the next three or four days. Seriously, I can't do better than that. Reasoning doesn't work when they are in this state of mind (out of mind?) and direct confrontation would put me in the hospital. I'm just going to take a 12-pack of Yuenglings and a family size bag of Doritos out to the pole barn and I'll be fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment